Sunday, July 5, 2009

Big Decisions!

In September Jeff and I will have been married for 5 years. It has been 5 awesome years, filled with a ton of fun, vacations, starting a family, buying our first home and so on. Never in these 5 years have we been faced with any large trials until 2 months ago. On May 9 Jeff's company decided to close his entire office and everyone was laid off. We were not totally shocked by the announcement, but when he called to tell me the tears that rolled down my face were a shock to me. It wasn't my job or my career, yet I was just as upset as he was. In the weeks following, I have never seen someone look so hard to find a job. He did everything needed . . . great resume, listings on all the social networking sites, networking groups, etc. At the end of 2 months we made a decision that is one of the scarriest yet exciting decisions we have made as a married couple.

Jeff has decided to open his own business and start his own Farmer's Insurance Agency. I was so relieved when we made the decision and the next night has the first full nights rest in 2 months. The announcement to our friends and family was an odd one. It is not like you can run into a room and say "Jeff found a job and starting next week we will have a salary, benefits, vacation and stability." Nope we said "Yea! We made a decision and we will let you know how it goes." Kind of different.

I truly believe that this is the path God wants us to take. I believe he has chosen this carrer for Jeff and this is our time to sieze the opportunity. Wish us luck, the next 5 years are going to be INTERESTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment